SecureSync PTP Grandmaster
As methods of data transfer evolve, so too does the need for increased speed in information transmission.
Precision Time Protocol (PTP), as defined by the IEEE 1588 standard, provides the most advanced method of synchronization over Ethernet networks. Spectracom supports Precision Time Protocol Version 2 (PTP v2) in its SecureSync PTP Grandmaster Clock system. The standard configuration includes up to 6 PTP ports to operate various PTP deployments, allowing for maximum scalability to handle the expansion of your network infrastructure.
- PTP grandmaster 1 GbE port via copper and fiber optic interfaces (SFP module)
- Industry-best ±4ns time stamp resolution (HW time stamping)
- Better than 25 nanosecond time stamp accuracy to UTC
- Supports default, enterprise and telecom PTP profiles
- Provides multicast, unicast, and hybrid mode addressing
- Available time code reader/ generator options
- High bandwidth PTP performance
- Ethernet 10/100 Base-T communications port for set-up and management
- Other PTP configurations are available
Equipped with the latest and most innovative 10/100/1000 Base-T Gigabit PTP Option Card on the market, the SecureSync High-Speed PTP Grandmaster Clock boasts industry-leading packet throughput and data processing power. The installment of an optional slave-ready 10/100 Mb PTP Option Card creates a powerful master-slave combination to satisfy even the most rigorous timing requirements.
Standard RF and fiber optic interfaces via SFP modules provide the ability to select between either of the two media relative to your specific needs, greatly reducing the effects of distance limitations within your system architecture.
The SecureSync High-Speed PTP Grandmaster Clock is designed for high performance / low-latency computing applications in financial, industrial, and defense markets with an enhanced level of timing performance, so that the management of real-time events over wide areas is drastically improved. This rack-mountable and modular precise time reference/source includes options for PTP grandmaster clock, precise 1PPS timing, and IRIG timecode formats capable of delivering accuracy from microseconds to tens of nanoseconds.
To achieve the best performance, use TimeKeeper™ LINUX PTP software client installed in your application or blade servers. PTP ensures that you will get the best time transfer performance over a managed network.